Marketing Tanzania as an important foreign investment destination takes a new twist this coming December, according to information released by the Assistant Director at Tanzania Government Information Services (MAELEZO) in Dar es Salaam, Zamaradi Kawawa.
Tanzania’s diplomatic missions are known to conduct economic diplomacy across the globe. The efforts are apparently bearing fruit.
A two-day trade and investment conference is set for London between the 6th and 7th December this year, the statement sent out says. The conference will be held at the ROYAL REGENCY, 501 HIGH STREET NORTH MANOR PARK LONDON E12 6TH. The full text of the statement follows:
“The conference will bring together the Diaspora, ministers, business leaders, investors and senior government officials as well as the major International Financial Institutions. The Forum, will focus on Tanzania as one of Africa’s leading business and investment destinations, while taking the theme: ’Unleashing Tanzania’s potential as a pole of global growth’ under the subtheme: ‘Ijuwe Tanzania yako ya leo’.
“Tanzania is ideally situated to be your gateway to the 150 million consumers in East African Community and the 1 billion across the African Continent.
Overcoming barriers to investment is at the centre of this initiative. The Tanzania government will set out opportunities for investment and present the steps they are taking to attract and support investors. Existing and potential investors can share experiences and build relationships with country representatives and experts throughout the day.
“The conference will contribute to the Government’s long-term goal of generating job creation and prosperity for the people of Tanzania. It is not just about investment today, but about investment in the future.
“Speakers will include ministers from the UK and the Tanzania, plus senior experts from major institutions such as the Africa Union, EBRD, IMF, World Bank, Zurich Emerging Markets and Lloyds,TATA,CRDB,AZANIA BANK,KBC BANK ,etc. The event will [do the following]:
- Provide networking opportunities between the Diaspora, companies from Tanzania and those across Europe with a focus on supporting new investors.
- Include sector focused panel discussions, facilitating discussions between investors, governments and about challenges and policy barriers to attracting greater investment; provide meeting rooms and a booking system to facilitate one-to-one discussions.
- Include sessions covering Managing Investment Risks in Tanzania in and Accessing Local Skills and Supply Chains.
- Provide a platform for Tanzania to showcase foreign direct investment opportunities and the action their governments are taking to improve their investment climate.
- Provide opportunities for one-to-one discussions between participants, speakers and government officials
- Small Diaspora businesses are welcome
We also invite you to support our community Leaders Gala Awards Dinner. The evening provides an opportunity for you to join us in celebrating the vital work of Tanzanians in the Diaspora and friends of Tanzania as well as helping to deliver our mission to bring the UK and Tanzania closer together through our pioneering activities in business, policy and culture. Funds raised from the dinner contribute directly towards the success of our programmes; highlights of which include our conferences (Tanzania Convention-Trade and investment Forum), policy briefings , and our film,culture and literature festivals.
- We present these annual awards to those individuals who exemplify the concept of the ‘Servant Leader’. These awards highlight the links between economic success, professional excellence accompanied by moral leadership, and service to society. By recognising individuals who embody the ‘Servant Leader’ ideal, we seek to encourage widespread recognition and adoption of these values among the global Great lakes community.
- You are all welcome to attend
- Dress code :Smart
For any general enquiries about this event and registration, please contact:
Mzee: TEL +447960811614